Saturday, February 14, 2015

About Me Project using Glogster

To get to know each other in our class, Dr. Smirnova assigned an About Me Project. For this project, we were instructed to introduce ourselves digitally and we were to select a media tool from a given set. Dr. Smirnova's set included Pinterest, GlogsterEDU, word cloud, MoveNote, Animoto, QR codes, and many more. I choose GlogsterEDU which is a media tool where one can create posters. I found this media tool very interesting because there were many templates and it was very easy to use. As I was looking through the templates, I noticed that this website can be used for many projects including presentations, book reports, experiments, autobiographies, and timelines. You can select a template and change it the way you want it to look. It was easy to add pictures and videos and I thought it would be a good tool to introduce myself to the class. 

In my poster, I put a variety of pictures, including a picture of myself, a person exercising, puppies, Taylor Swift, and a teacher in a classroom. I could use these images to explain my likes and dislikes and my future job. When I presenting, I first introduced myself to the class by saying my name, my year, and my major. I shared my hobbies, facts about me, my personality traits, my likes and dislikes, my favorite singers, and my goals. 
 


It was interesting to learn about my classmates and see the tools they chose to introduce themselves. This project introduced us to technology that we can use in our classroom. It also helped the class break the ice and feel more comfortable with each other. This project was useful in getting a some experience teaching to a class and it was easier since the topic was about ourselves. Overall, I enjoyed this project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment